The earthquake was only small and I only heard about it the next morning. Since then though we have done some earthquake preparedness just in case....(We keep on taking the chocolate out of the bag(earthquake) for our after dinner snack!)
School was cancelled for the typhoon. So I had the boys all day in the apartment. We managed to amuse ourselves - doing some research on the internet on snakes and crocodiles and then doing drawings of it. We eventually decided to go out to the shopping mall. The typhoon here was nothing but a bit of rain - but apparrently in other parts of the country it was alot worse.
The other thing we have to not worry about is dengue fever. We were not aware of it before we left Australia - but we have heard of some people getting it here - due to the wet season - so now we are prepared with mosquito patches and lots of spray!
The boys are getting to really like their school - Charlie went swimming there on Friday - and has already had two birthday party invitations - William was a bit upset he hasn't got any yet - and to make matters worse Charlie was given a beautifully wrapped present as he walked out the door from another boy in his class who had a birthday! I think the custom here is that when you have a birthday you give everyone else a present!? The present was from the exclusive department store "Rustans" and was a good quality sigg drink bottle. Apparrently the school is in the most prestige part of the Phillippines (I was wondering why all the drivers were saying to me"very nice place ma'am"!)
We now have a driver!! Yippee - he seems really nice - and hopefully drives well?? We went to Greenhills yesterday and I bought a great fake Jimmy Choo and Prada handbag - can't wait to go back!
I also tried the Bikram yoga for the first time - the room is heated to 40deg and you sweat like anything for an hour and a half. I will go back - but might look for a yoga I am more used to. Had a beautiful Japanese lunch and got my nails done afterwards with my new Japanese friend after! This is more like it!!
![]() |
| Satellite photo of typhoon over Phillipines |
![]() |
| Boys on typhoon day in the shuttle bus going to mall |
![]() |
| Boys at martins work - very impressed with the lemonade from the free vending machine! |
![]() |
| A fun day of fighting in the rain around the hotel pool! |




No comments:
Post a Comment